One upon a time in Zamboanga

By Wisnu Pamungkas

Because I wander, I am still in here
circulating between rock and the hills
wind be true to island and bird for ravine
but some times a wave still sharp as spear,
more on Zamboanga
more on the words that was legend between the pirates
I can’t prevent
when the sunset looped in sea like a axe aye

Because I am wanderer, I am still here
playing with boat cordage and conch
dialogue by sitting or stooping
but suddenly wounds aim for sunset
stitching is soreness which cannot be avoided

Because I cry, I am still here
floating between birds wings
but this is the harmony that ummeasurable
that is to be blessings in the lane

I am still pray
even when all the people is gone,
without signature nor are footprint


Zamboanga, Philipina, May, 17, 2009

*) dedicate to farmers in Zamboaga
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url